Job Title: Project Manager
Job Type: Full Time
The Project Manager is an important role that oversees the management of jobs once they are approved by the customer. You will work closely with customers, suppliers, and subcontractors to ensure that projects move through the production process smoothly and that there is constant communications with all parties. Your ability to effectively manage jobs and communicate with others is key to your success and the success of the Company. The job requires basic knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as Word and Excel, a strong attention to detail, good time management skills, effective communications, and a strong knowledge of proper exterior installation methods. In this position you will oversee the production process for multiple projects at once including selecting subcontractors, ordering material, monitoring installation quality, addressing labor or material deficiencies, managing and reporting costs, addressing unexpected construction issues, and dealing with necessary change orders.
Who is a Good Fit for this Job?
- Those who don’t do anything halfway.
- Those who can communicate effectively with all types of people.
- Those who know how to give constructive criticism to others, yet hold firm to a high-quality expectation.
- Those who can plan out their day, visualize what needs done, and then go out and accomplish it.
- Those who can take ownership of a position and get things done without having to be micro-managed.
- Those who want to be a part of a team working toward a common goal of delivering on the promises made to the customer.
- Those who have construction industry experience and understand the correct installation methods for exterior products.
- Those who aren’t afraid to be held accountable for their accomplishments and failures.
- Good attention to detail.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Word and Excel.
- Proficient with using and sending documents via email.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to compare work being done to the standards set forth and provide clear direction to others when changes are needed.
- Able to learn building codes applicable to the job.
- Able to drive within the mid-Missouri area and possess a clean driving record.
- Able to lift up to 60 pounds.
- Able to work a minimum of 40 hours a week, sometimes more (as needed) during the busy season.
- Collaborate with sales representatives, subcontractors, vendors, and Production Manager.
- Walk jobs with sales representative prior to start and confirm material, estimated costs, etc.
- Work with Production Manager to select subcontractors and delegate work.
- Ensure proper installation methods and quality workmanship are being performed, and when necessary, address deficiencies with subcontractors.
- Problem-solving to address delays, construction issues, missing material, or other problems.
- Comply with safety and building codes, including company required OSHA paperwork.
- Build relationship with customers and provide weekly updates to customer on the progress of their project, answering any questions about the work, and explaining contract and technical matters in a clear manner.
- Discuss change orders with customers and get any necessary approvals.
- Monitor job progress and ensure job moves through multiple trade work efficiently.
- Preparing and tracking budgets, cost estimates, schedules and timelines.
- Provide weekly updates to Production Manager with timeframes and expectations for jobs.
- Other job management related tasks as needed.
- One week paid vacation first year, two weeks after the first full year
- One week of paid sick leave per year
- 401k type plan with company match after 6 months
- Health insurance premium reimbursement for qualified plans after 6 months
- Casual dress
- Company vehicle during work hours
- Great people to work with and more!
$40,000 to $50,000 (dependent on experience) with annual salary and performance reviews, as well as company profit sharing when goals are met.
Required License or Certification: Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
About the Company
CoMo Premium Exteriors is the Mid-Missouri leader in residential and commercial restoration of exteriors including roofing, siding, gutters, soffit, fascia, windows, decks, and sunrooms. Founded in 2010, the company grew from humble beginnings by focusing on customer service, better quality installation methods, and building a team of customer-focused employees. Today, as the local market leader, we have 17 employees and 4 locations with a focus on continued expansion.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
CoMo Premium Exteriors provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CoMo Premium Exteriors complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leaves of absence, compensation and training.