One of the biggest reasons residents in Missouri are in need of external home repairs is storm damage. But sometimes, homeowners are just ready to improve the look and value of their home with new siding, windows, or doors. Whether your home has normal wear and tear that happens over time or your home has damage from recent storms, CoMo Premium Exteriors can handle the job.
Key Points To Consider When Hiring a Siding Company
When it comes to hiring a company to replace your home’s siding, there are some important factors to take into account before making the commitment to sign a contract. Think about:
- Experience is crucial, as you want to know that the company has handled enough siding jobs to truly know what they’re doing, such as knowing the manufacturer’s installation requirements and local codes
- Reputation and experience from prior customers can show the quality of care and service a company has to offer; you want to hire someone that is able to prove they have a solid track record of caring for their customers
- Transparency within the estimate is going to be essential when working with a Jefferson City siding company, and those that attempt to play pricing games or who do not fully explain the process of installation are likely not going to be able to maintain a truthful business relationship with you
- Always make sure that the contract they create for you is detailed enough that you can understand their process and what you can expect during a siding installation
- The best local siding companies will offer competitive financing options so that you aren’t choosing between protecting your home and paying for your necessities
- Make sure the company that you work with has a written warranty and lien waiver to ensure you are protected down the road should an issue arise.
Why It’s Important To Use A Licensed And Insured Jefferson City Siding Company
You might think it’s common sense that anyone installing roofing or siding in the Jeff City area be licensed and insured, you may be surprised at how many people will pretend to be professional roofers after a big storm just to make a few quick bucks. If they aren’t licensed and insured, you open yourself up to significant legal liability should someone be hurt on the job site. The best Jeff City roofing and siding installers are companies that can give you a copy of their insurance for both worker’s compensation and general liability, as well as provide you with their business license, local office address, and hundreds of great online reviews.
While no company should represent themselves as licensed when they aren’t, many people simply don’t think to ask when working with a roofer or siding company. This lack of a license means that they may not be able to get the appropriate permits needed to work on your home and they may not be familiar with local codes.
An even worse situation can happen if your contractor doesn’t carry the appropriate levels of liability and workman’s compensation insurance coverage. If they aren’t insured and one of their employees is injured, the homeowner or their insurer may be on the hook for the damages that result from the accident. This may also happen if there were some other sorts of accident that the contractor would have been liable for, but may fall on the homeowner if there is no insurance coverage for the incident.
CoMo Exteriors Will Make Sure Your Concerns Are Heard
Whether you are dealing with storm damage or simply getting your annual roof inspection, CoMo Premium Exteriors will make sure that you have all the information you need to make an educated decision about your property. Working with an experienced Jefferson City siding company is vital to making sure your job gets done right, and that as much of it is covered by insurance as possible.