Seamless gutters are a wildly popular choice among homeowners due to their durability and leak-resistant properties. We’re going to look at what exactly seamless gutters are, how they’re made, and the process of their installation. If you’ve been considering a seamless gutter system for your home, we’ll also point you to a trusted Columbia resource for getting them professionally installed.
What are Seamless Gutters?
Many homeowners that are looking to update or upgrade their gutters have looked at seamless gutters and had some questions, particularly about how they’re made and subsequently installed. Traditional gutter systems are made up of multiple sections of preformed gutter material that are then joined together, which can lead to leaks and even clogs that develop at the seams over the years.
Seamless gutters, on the other hand, are designed as continuous, single-piece gutter systems that largely eliminate seams, meaning a lower potential for leaks and fewer spots for them to happen. Seamless gutters are custom-made to fit the exact dimensions of the individual home, ensuring a perfect fit and an unbeatable aesthetically pleasing appearance.
Frequently they’re made from aluminum, copper, or occasionally, steel. They are also available in a wide range of colors meant to complement any home’s exterior.
How are Seamless Gutters Made?
Seamless gutters are made on-site, to the exact specifications of the home they’re going to be installed on. They are made with a specialized machine known as a gutter forming machine, or simply a seamless gutter machine. This is a piece of equipment that takes the flat metal gutter stock, of the preferred material type and color, and forms it instantly into the desired gutter shape.
Inside the machine, a series of rollers apply directional pressure to the metal as it rolls through, bending it gradually until it has the desired profile shape. The most common shape is the “k-style” of gutter, which looks similar to decorative crown molding. Other styles like half-moon are also common. Once the material has been formed, it’s cut to the exact length needed, eliminating the need for multiple pieces.
How are Seamless Gutters Installed?
The seamless gutter installation process can be broken down into about 5 general steps. Take a look:
- Inspection, measurement, and general preparation. This is where a contractor will measure your home and determine how much material is needed.
- Fabrication is the next step and is where the contractor will form the gutter into the preferred shape on-site.
- Next is the bracket installation. Seamless gutters are held in place with special brackets, which are installed before the gutters.
- Gutter installation is next, where the gutters are carefully fitted to the brackets mounted previously. They are then checked to ensure the proper alignment and slope.
- The final step is the downspout installation, but it’s one of the most important steps. Without at least one downspout every 40 feet, your gutters won’t function optimally. The downspouts will be attached and customized to match the gutter and home color scheme and fit the home’s unique measurements.
CoMo Premium Exteriors Are Expert Local Gutter Installers
If you’ve noticed that your old gutters are looking a little beaten up, or maybe they’re starting to leak, and you’re considering upgrading to seamless gutters, CoMo Premium Exteriors is ready to be your trusted installation partner. Our team of experienced professionals has been serving this area for years and is committed to giving you the results you want. Reach out today and let us help you protect your home with new seamless gutters.